CMAC is accepting nominations for its annual award recognizing the outstanding contribution an individual or organization has made to address and support older adult issues.
The nominee will be evaluated on the impact of their cumulative efforts for older adults in Mecklenburg County as it relates to the Charlotte Mecklenburg Aging Coalition mission “to facilitate inter-agency cooperation, identify critical issues and promote response strategies with regard to the aging population.”
Nominations may be made by anyone but must be endorsed by a member of CMAC.
Nominees do not have to be a CMAC member. Current CMAC officers and members of the leadership team are not eligible to be nominated or receive the award.
The award will be presented at the final CMAC meeting/event of the year each June.
The award will be a commemorative keepsake for the recipient, plus a $100.00 donation in the recipient’s name to a not-for-profit group selected by the recipient that supports/serves older adults in the Charlotte Mecklenburg area. In addition, the a paid 1- year membership to CMAC. The recipient will also be listed in our directory of Evelyn Berger Award winners and featured on our website.
- Include a cover page listing your name, agency or organization, address, phone number, and e-mail address AND the nominee’s name, agency or organization (if applicable) address, phone number, and e-mail address.
- Attach a one-page narrative that explains why you are nominating this individual and/or organization. Briefly describe the scope of and impact that the activities/work of the nominee have had on older adults in Mecklenburg County.
Areas to address may include:
- How long has the nominee been active in the aging network?
- How has this individual or the organization’s work and activities reflected CMAC’s mission?
- What role has the nominee played in identifying critical issues?
- What type of education and/or advocacy has the nominee initiated or supported to meet older adult needs or promote response strategies?
- How has the individual’s or organization’s work reached beyond his/her job responsibilities/organization?
- What impact has the nominee had in the aging field in Mecklenburg County?
- Any other information you feel is pertinent.
- Print and sign your name. Print the name of the CMAC member endorsing your nomination and have them sign and date.
- Submit nominations no later than April 19, 2019 to CMAC Public Relations Chair – Heather Porter, email@example.com. Nominees will be notified in May and the Evelyn Berger Award will be presented the 2nd Wednesday of June during CMAC’s regularly scheduled meeting.
Past Recipients Evelyn Berger Educator/Advocate of the Year Award
EVELYN BERGER 2006 recipient of the Award and named after her
MARYANN GILMORE 2007 recipient
GAYLA WOODY 2008 Recipient
EVELYN NEWMAN 2009 Recipient
BEA GIBBS 2010 Recipient
SUE HANCHARICK and GENE CRANCH 2011 Recipients
MARSHA McELROY 2012 Recipient
HATTIE McNEALY and PECO McCOY 2013 Recipients
DR. DENA SHENK 2014 Recipient
PAMELA ELIASON 2015 Recipient
STEPHEN PHILLIPS 2016 Recipient
JUANITA WADE 2017 Recipient
EVELYN BERGER 2018 Recipient